Originally housed in an elegant 1864 townhouse, the Rosenbach Museum purchased the neighboring townhouse to allow the institution to expand its educational initiatives and public programs. The project involved the restoration of the house museum and the complete reconstruction of the newly acquired building and the addition of a fourth floor.
The Chess Center is a new enclosed, air conditioned facility designed for studying and playing chess. It is a flexible building that can be divided into three small classrooms or opened up into one large classroom. This adaptability allows the building to also accommodate special conferences and performances sponsored by the Center.
The Jerrold Ross Discovery Center is a large, open, multi-purpose space surrounded by small classrooms that is used for the camp’s arts adventure program for children. The Center was renovated with the goal of improving the relationship of the building to its natural, wooded surroundings, and making it more compatible with the other buildings on the campus.