This single family residence, built in the late 1800’s, reflects both the Colonial and the Arts and Crafts sensibilities of the late Victorian age in Philadelphia. The main goal for the renovation work was to restore the original floor plan of the row house by reorganizing the spaces and removing interior walls, and refreshing the feel of the house with color and light. The front entry hall was removed to widen the parlor and paired Tuscan columns were added to open up the space and define the circulation. The porch at the back of the first floor was converted to the kitchen with cherry wood casework and new appliances, and filled with natural light from south facing windows and skylights in the ceiling. Original details including the fireplace surrounds, floor and wall trim, and wood floors were retained and refinished. The electrical and plumbing systems were upgraded, and the hydronic heat system was rebuilt. The roof was insulated and replaced. All bathroom fixtures were upgraded and the master bath was refinished with travertine floors and wainscot. The finished rooms were painted in strong Victorian colors ranging from garnet in the dining room to soft greens and creams in the living room and kitchen.