This private residence was built about 1830 at the end of the Federal Period in Philadelphia. The scope of work included the selection of period interior finishes and furnishings including; wall papers, furniture, and fabrics and upholstery. Federal style furnishings were selected for the formal, first floor rooms, including the parlor and dining room. In the second floor den and library, the selections were based on less formal historical models that allow these private rooms to be more relaxed and comfortable. On the exterior, the scope of work included the redesign of the courtyard garden, and the replacement of the brick and wrought iron fence. The fence provides enclosure to the garden, an entrance to the residence, and a second, more discrete entrance to a private office. The design of the fence progressively becomes less open as one moves along it from the welcoming residence entry to the private office entry.